Then came Monday the second week of the training. When we arrived at the office, Gap was already there. There was Mandy, one of the home team seniors. I was surprised when Gap took my hand and pulled me towards his work place. He wanted to show me and Jane something on his computer. I can't remember what it was. When Mandy saw Gap holding my hand she was saying something in Tagalog. It sounded like a warning. I too was surprised at what he did. Maybe it was a natural thing for him. I try not to think too much about the incident. But at the same time I was questioning my feelings for him. I just couldn't understand myself.
A few days later there was a movie on Beauty and the Beast. Jane and I wanted to see the movie. And so we asked Gap if he would bring us after work. We went to one of the malls by bus. Just the three of us. Jane sat in the middle. Later we went to a mini zoo. One of the guys from the home team joined us there. On our way to dinner we met up with the rest of the visiting team and we had dinner together.
There was quite a few activities during the second week. We visited the Mega Mall. There Gap bought a keychain for Jane and me. He seems to concentrate his attention on the two of us. It was cute of him. Then came Friday and they decided to take us to the disco or the dancing place with life music. Gap had fun dancing with Jane. I was just looking and enjoying the music. It was quite cold there so I managed to borrow Victor leather jacket. It was kind of him. We walked back to the hotel. Saturday was a working day. Since my flight was later in the afternoon, I went to the office with my luggage. Saying goodbye was sad for me. I didn't know if I will ever meet them again. The hardest part was parting with Gap. My heart was aching and I couldn't stop thinking about him. I was questioning myself 'Why'. Why was I falling for him? Of course he was attractive, intelligent and fun to be with.
I doubt that he would fall in love with me. I am 5 years older and I wear a headscarf . What would he see in me? Jane would be more compatible with him. I must be joking! Gap falling for me? Huh that would be the end of the world. But yet deep down I was hoping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment